Review of The Best Online Betting Apps
Best online betting apps
How Do We Rate Michigan sports betting apps?
We follow specifics when looking at real money betting apps to recommend.
- Accessible – we look at its geolocation software and ensure that players can access whenever they are connected to internet within state lines.
- Reliable – even top online mobile casinos that are licensed and regulated could have reliability issues. Therefore, do we check for reliability from access to uptimes.
- Player navigation – user experience is a high priority to make sure you have access to bet slip, sports markets, banking, etc without problems
- Regulated – near to the top of our list is licensing and regulation. The Best Betting Sites for Michigan players are fully licenced and legal.
- Reputation – while sports betting is new to Michigan, we make sure the operators are established with super reputations in all other states and countries.
- Variety – betting markets that includes everything from NFL to darts while you can place bets from totals to futures, and more.
Best Online Betting Apps in Michigan:
This sportsbook has a casino app for iOS and Android and a well-known, established brand after decades in DFS. It offers a no deposit welcome bonus of $25, up to $500 free bets as well as a matching deposit bonus for up to $500. It will be a strong presence in Michigan with its excellent features like wide betting markets including live betting, multiple banking options and much more.
Another established name in sports betting, FanDuel is also known for its experience in DFS. As trusted brand, players can bet on vast sports and betting markets. Excellent promotions as well as $500 risk free bet are what Michigan players can expect.
BetMGM comes with the strong backing of the established MGM Resorts Group, offering a secure, fast-loading and top app. A vast number of sports plus plenty of betting markets, ongoing promotions, mid-week jackpots and promotions as well as great welcome bonus make it an excellent recommendation.
What bets are available at Online Sportsbook Apps?
There are no restrictions on types of bets placed in Michigan with the most popular including:
- Moneylines – a bet for novices in its easiest form where wagers are placed on a specific player or team to win
- Totals (Over/Under) – it doesn’t matter on which side will be winning as wagers are tallied according to totals of both teams. Punters decide what the end results will be of the combined numbers and by how much the score will be under or over. Odds are provided by sportsbook with players predicted over/under.
- Spreads – these are a type of handicap wager as both teams have an equal winning chance despite odds. Wagers are placed on what spread or gap would be between the two opposing team’s score.
- Parlays – a single bet slip with several bets tied together which are playing on a single day. A small wager can result in big payout when you predict right as none of the legs can be wrong.
- Teasers – also working like a parlay, yet more restricted to spread or totals wagers. Here you have flexibility to adjust a wager to be under or over the predicted score. It is easier with a bigger chance of having a winning slip while obviously delivering a lower payout.
- Round Robin – several parlay bets are linked which works much like a parlay except that here you have more teams and legs where a parlay only has several legs. Not a bet for a novice it has high potential payouts.
- Futures – any game that is still to be played like football; tennis matches as well as golf tournaments that runs over a season. Wagers could be on teams that will win league matches next season, etc.
- Live (in-play betting)- players place bets after a match or gaming has started. Winners of end results do not have to be predicted and wagers in before games. Place bets as games progress to make informed decisions based on how it plays off.
Bet on Horse races
From the late 70s horse racing has been Michigan’s only legal gambling and even though the state experienced a decline, the demand remained. With Northville Downs still offering races, online horse betting is more likely. While BetAmerica is one of the country as well as Michigan punter’s go-to sportsbooks for horse betting, you can also check out BetMGM who will be adding horses to its agenda.
Land-Based Sportsbooks & Locations in the Michigan State
Michigan has three casinos with state licenses, with these based in Detroit. It does have a large number of tribal casinos too, which might be competition to Detroit sportsbooks when they start applying for licenses. The top land-based sportsbooks include:
- MGM Grand Resort which has been in Detroit for two decades with 100, 000 square feet of space featuring conference area, 401 bedrooms, huge casino with 3, 500 slots, table games like Poker, Blackjack as well as Roulette. It also has a huge sports lounge called Moneyline Sports Lounge. Here players can wager on multiple games with a 60-foot screen.
- Greektown Casino Hotel is a huge space of 30-stories as well as 100, 000 square feet of gaming. The sportsbook in this casino in Penn National.
- Gun Lake Casino Tribal has a sportsbook at Stage 131 bar inside its casino.
Sports betting partnerships
- MGM Grand Detroit partnered with GVC a British company who developed Roar Digital to get MGM’s foothold in the sportsbook market. Through Roar, BetMGM and PlayMGM was launched and a strong contender to become the best online gambling app in Michigan.
- Greektown Casino Hotel in partnership with Penn National are partnering with William Hill. Penn National has several sports betting online in other USA states but Michigan law states that a land-based casino and sportsbook can only have one online betting partner.
- MotorCity Casino is in partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Lac Vieux Desert tribal casino struck a partnership with PointsBet
- Little Traverse Bay Bands tribal partnered with sports brand FOX Bet.
How to Choose the Right Betting App?
- Look at the brand, at how long its been around and if it has a good reputation?
- Does it give good welcome bonuses, potential no deposit bonuses, or free bets?
- Does it have a loyalty program?
- Look at the type of sports it offers as well as different betting markets like live in-play betting etc.
- Look at its player interface to make sure its navigation is simple and easy to that you don’t struggle to place a bet
Benefit of MI Sports Betting Apps vs. Desktop
When players look at mobile casino reviews and features on of the first things, they look at is mobile compatibility. If a casino or sportsbook doesn’t have mobile play or a mobile app, players are not interested. Desktops simply have only one benefit and that is its screen size. Betting apps on the other hand are 100% mobile and players take it wherever they go. These apps are smooth and fast loading with all the features of desktops just with less clutter and distractions. Mobile devices are designed to adjust to sportsbook resolutions while app developers cater for a large number of brands within an operating system. Everything that can be done on desktop, from registration, to banking, claiming bonuses or watching live games via live streaming, betting apps have the edge over desktop due to portability.
Banking options for Michigan Betting Apps users
Funding a Michigan sports gambling app is a simple and safe process with more than enough deposit and withdrawal options. Methods offered on compatible devices:
- Debit plus credit cards like AMEX, Visa, Discover as well as Mastercard are casino and sportsbook stalwarts. The minimum or maximum withdrawal and deposit amounts are set by individual operators. The minimum can be as low as $5 and up to $20 while withdrawals are similar.
- E-wallets – options like Neteller, Skrill as well as PayPal are quick, convenient and safe. You will find one or all these options plus numerous other ewallets at operators.
- Prepaid cards like casino + cards as well as Paysafecard are popular with $20 minimum deposit and withdrawals
- PayNearMe is increasing used by Michigan players for convenience and speedy deposit. Available at local retailers with the only downside that it doesn’t allow for withdrawal.
Is it legal to bet on State sports teams?
Yes, you can place wagers on state sports teams. It is only high school sports that are off limits for money wagering.
Which online sportsbooks will launch next?
PointsBet Sportsbook, William Hill as well as Fox Bet already applied for their licensing and working on deals with local casinos. It is not clear if there will be more that these, but it is possible that more operators will enter the Michigan market, for example, 888Sport and Caesars.
Michigan Sports Betting Revenue
The Michigan Gaming Control Board did everything right to give sports gambling sites a good chance of becoming top US betting competitors. However, with COVID 19 legit sports betting lasted only 5 days. Therefore, is it difficult to gauge sports betting revenue but from March 11 until March 16, revenue was $105, 548. From this amount sports betting taxes of $3, 990 were paid by 3 Michigan casinos. Detroit’s MGM Grand was top with $85, 695 while $15,904 was paid by Greektown Casino and last was MotorCity Casino with sports betting revenue of $4, 949. Real figures and proper estimated would be possible when the pandemic lifts and Michigan given a fair chance.
How to Install a Casino App on Your Smartphone? Michigan players with compatible devices like Blackberry, Windows, Android and Apple can download sportsbook applications. Most casino software is compatible with Android v5.00 while Apple must be v9.00 or higher. Players will be able to Bet on tablet and play on a smartphone via mobile sports betting apps. Android apps are seldom available on Google Play, but you will get casino software for your device directly from the sportsbook. Change your settings to accept downloads from unknown sources, click the download link with your installation ready in under a minute. iOS players can get their download directly from App Store which is also a small file that download in under a minute. These applications are click, install and ready for play operations. Can I bet for free as well as real cash? No, unlike casino games where you get both free-to-play as well as real money games, sportsbooks only have betting with real money. How Secure Is My Mobile Account? Players that open sportsbooks accounts on mobile are assured that their accounts are 100% secure and safe. Sports betting in Michigan is regulated by Michigan Gaming Control Board and potential casinos ,must apply for a license as well as have a land-based partner the highest quality and vetted technologies are used in developing sportsbook apps. Is Mobile Betting allowed in PA? Yes, mobile betting is legal with a large number of excellent casino game apps already having a presence in the state these include BetRivers, SugarHouse, FanDuel as well as DraftKings. What Are The Tax Rates For Sports Betting? An 8.4 percent revenue was legislated through Michigan law which is part of passing the sports bill. An additional 1.25 percent tax will be required from casinos that has licenses for sportsbooks in Detroit. Is Daily Fantasy Sports Legal? Daily Fantasy Sports in Michigan has always been a bit of a gray area even though it is covered by legal gaming legislation. While most states accepted and legalized DFS as a non-gambling sports, Attorney General of Michigan does not regard it as legal. Michigan residents are playing on DFS sites like DraftKings, etc as these sites accept players from Michigan. Do I Need To Live In Indiana To Bet Online via app? No, you do not have to live in Indiana. When you want to place a wager, however, you must be within state lines at the time of the bet. You don’t need to be a resident though as apps have geolocation software which will pick up on where you are currently at. If you are within legal range which is Indiana state lines, you can wager. How Old Do You Have To Be to Legally Bet? Players must be 21 to legally wager on sports. While mobile players can register remotely, they will need identity confirmation to ensure legal age. This will include date of birth and social security numbers. An operator may request that copies of documentation like id or license be sent to sportsbook operators.