Strategies for Winning at Online Roulette Games
Roulette is a thrilling classic game that has enticed players for centuries. In this game, you bet where the ball will land after it spins around the wheel. “roulette” comes from French and means “little wheel.”
We have created this guide to help you enjoy playing and become a winner by mastering the game in Michigan’s real money casinos.
Tips for Winning at Online Roulette
- Set a budget and stick to it – Before playing, decide on the amount of money you are willing to spend and follow through. If you lose more than you can afford, stop playing immediately.
- Get familiar with the game – It is important to understand the rules and strategies of online roulette before playing. Read up on the different types of bets, odds, and strategies to increase your chances of winning.
- Take advantage of bonuses – Many casinos offer special bonuses for players who sign up or make a deposit. Take advantage of these promotions by researching and taking full advantage of what is offered.
- Play conservatively – It may be tempting to bet recklessly, but it is important to remember that the house always has an advantage in online roulette. Play conservatively and concentrate on making smaller bets for longer.
- Take regular breaks – Taking a break from playing can help you stay focused and avoid making rash decisions. Spend time away from the game and reassess your strategy before continuing.
- Have fun – Although winning is important, remember that it is still a game and should be enjoyed! Don’t get too upset when you lose; instead, focus on learning from your mistakes and improving your skills for next time
Popular Variations of Roulette Games
Being one of the oldest forms of casino games, Roulette has many variations both in land-based forms and online versions. However, the online versions are much more than the land-based ones. This is due to the competition among many online gaming developers who release innovative games to capture the attention of players.
There are over 20 online variants of the game available at some casino sites today. However, most of the top roulette games are based on the popular three versions, which we have explained briefly below.
This is the most popular variant of the game. It has a wheel that is divided into 37 pockets, including 36 red and black pockets and one green pocket. The 36 red and black pockets contain numbers 1 to 36, while the green pocket contains the number 0.
The American version is a very old variant that was made popular in the Las Vegas land-based casinos. It is the second most popular form of the game. Unlike the European version, the wheel features 38 pockets. This includes 1 to 36 numbered red and black pockets and two green pockets. In addition to the “0” pocket, there’s another “00” pocket.
The additional pocket is the major difference between the American and European variants. It is what reduces the payout percentage of the American version and makes the European one more preferred by players.
The French roulette features the same wheel as the European game. However, it has additional features which make its payout rate high. These added features are the La Partage and En Prison rules. Another specific feature of this version is that the terms used in the betting layout and game process are in French.
How to Play Online Roulette in Michigan
To start playing, you need to find a real money casino site in Michigan that offers fair and secure gaming. In the next section of this guide, we have provided a list of legal MI online gambling sites to make your decision easy.
After you find a good site to play, deposit your money through PayPal or other methods available. Then you proceed to the games lobby to choose a roulette version. You can either play the RNG version or the live dealer form. Both types follow the same gameplay.
Once the game loads, you can make your bet(s) on the table. You then proceed to spin the wheel and wait for the outcome. If the ball stops where your bet is placed, you win and will receive your payout. You will find the types of bets you can make further down this guide.
Where to Play Online Roulette for Real Money in Michigan
From the table below, you should be able to choose the best place to play Roulette for real money in Michigan.
|Casino||No of Roulette games|
|Golden Nugget Casino||3|
Virtual Roulette Vs Live Dealer Roulette
When you play roulette for real money online, you can either choose between the virtual or live dealer format. The virtual form comes in the video game format. You’ll see a roulette wheel and the betting layout. The controls to use are also well organized on the screen. The gameplay is based on RNG.
On the other hand, the live dealer roulette involves a human dealer. A real host spins the wheel instead of the computer-based RNG. It makes your gaming experience more real, just like you’re playing in a brick-and-mortar venue. You do not only see the human dealer spinning the wheels, but you can also communicate with them.
Even though both forms of the games follow the same rules, many players prefer live dealers. This is due to the real-life experience that the dealer version offers.
Bets Available in Online Roulette
Developing a roulette strategy to win big in MI starts with knowing all the available bet types. There are 37 numbered pockets in the European version and 38 in the American. All these numbers represent betting options. You can choose to wager on a number or group of numbers.
The major types of bets are categorized into two: inside and outside bets. We have explained them below.
These are the types of bets that you place on a number or group of numbers. The specific types have been explained briefly.
- Straight: These are types of wagers done on a single number. They include wagers made of numbers between 0 to 36.
- Split bet: Wagers made on two adjacent numbers on the layout. For instance, 8 and 9 or 31 and 32.
- Street: This is made on a row of 3 numbers. For instance, 10-11-12 or 28-29-30.
- Corner: It covers four numbers that form a square on the layout.
- Six- wager: This covers 6 numbers on the layout
- Basket: The basket bet covers five numbers; 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. It is only available in the American version
These bets are the ones that are not based on numbers. There are five types which have been described below.
- Red or Black: Wager on which color the winning number will be
- Odd or Even: Here, you bet that the winning pocket could be either odd or even
- Low or High: Betting on low is wagering on numbers 1 to 18 while high are numbers between 19 to 36.
- Dozens: Wager on twelve numbers in four consecutive rows on the layout.
- Column: Bet on which of the three columns of the layout the winning pocket will be from.
MI Roulette Odds and Payout
The payouts for the major bets in the game are generally the same. However, due to the difference in RTP between the European and American versions, the odds differ. The following table shows the payouts odds
|Bet type||Payout||Odds(European)||Odds (American)|
|Straight||35 to 1||2.7%||2.6%|
|Split||17 to 1||5.4%||5.3%|
|Three-Line||11 to 1||8.1%||7.9%|
|Corner||8 to 1||10.8%||10.5%|
|Basket||6 to 1||N/A||13.2%|
|Six-Line||5 to 1||16.2%||15.8%|
|Column||2 to 1||32.4%||31.6%|
|Dozen||2 to 1||32.4%||31.6%|
|Red or Black||1 to 1||48.65%||47.37%|
|Odd or Even||1 to 1||48.65%||47.36%|
|High or low||1 to 1||48.65%||47.37%|
Tips to Win Playing Roulette for Real Money
There are many guides online that offer tricks or cheats to win in Roulette. Some even claim to know how to win roulette every spin. Those looking for how to win big in roulette usually fall for these claims. Sadly, these offers are mostly fake. There is no specific formula that guarantees winning in the game.
Nevertheless, there are strategies and tips you can apply. These strategies have been tested by many players and have been proven effective.
The Martingale Strategy
This strategy is mentioned in almost every guide that describes rules and tips for real money gambling. It is also the most successful roulette strategy. It involves doubling your wagers everytime you lose.
To start, you must check the wagering limits of the Roulette table. It will work better at a table with a small minimum bet and a high maximum. Then place a wager on the dozen or column options. If you win, you can walk away with your profit. But if you want to keep playing, keep the profit and repeat the same wager.
If you lose, double the initial bet amount and play again. For instance, if you bet $1 on the column initially, bet $2 on the same column again. Let’s assume you lose again; you will have to increase the bet to $4. If you win with the $4 bet, you will get $8 in return. Your return will cover the lost bets, and you still get a $1 profit.
You can keep doubling your bets, depending on your bankroll. When you eventually win, it will clear up your losses and give you a profit. However, you should know when to walk away.
Place More Outside Bets
Even though the inside wagers have higher payouts, they offer low chances of winning. The outside bets cover wider ranges of outcomes, so the possibility of winning them is higher.
Know Your Roulette Odds
The odds may vary, depending on which variant you’re playing. Knowing the odds will guide you in making bets. It would also be difficult to apply strategies if you don’t know the odds of the game.
Final Thoughts on MI Online Roulette Strategy
Online Roulette can be exciting, especially because of the numerous variants available. The variety adds more fun as you experience different gameplays with them. For example, the online mini roulette features only 13 pockets, and this makes it so unique.
Overall, consider the safety and security of any casino you choose to play at. You should also bear in mind that the game is based on luck, and no trick can guarantee your wins. So, play mostly for fun. You should check out the casinos on our list and get started with roulette right away.