Why Detroit Lions Have the Top Odds of Winning 2024 Super Bowl
As the excitement around Super Bowl LVII died down, fans started talking about the next big thing in the world of sports, the 2024 Super Bowl. The Lions finished the season having won 8 out of 10 games, and bookmakers are already preparing when they will accept futures next year. Detroit Lions are now considered a serious contender to win, and if you are one of the fans who believe in them, do not delay and place your bets.
Are Lions a Strong Contender?
Between 1935 and 1957, the Lions won 4 NFL championship games, but that was before the Super Bowl. After that, the franchise only won 1 playoff game, 12-4, in the 1991 season. As of today, this season is the last in which the team won the playoffs.
The fans are cautious about the 2024 Super Bowl season, which we cannot say about the bookmakers. They confidently believe the Lions have every chance to take the lead and win for the first time in 31 years. Let’s find out why.
They Are at Their Peak
The Lions had an excellent record in the NFL during the 2022–2023 regular season.
The team ranked in the NFL’s top 5 offenses: 5th in scoring (26.6 ppg) and 4th in total offense (380 yards). In the second half of the season, the Lions rose to the top 20 defense while having five rookies. This is a valuable experience gained by the young team. Detroit has shown significant growth over the 2022-2023 season. Adding to this the confident work of coach Dan Campbell, the Lions justifiably made it to the top favorites for the Super Bowl 2024. Moreover, general manager Brad Holmes is rapidly building the team’s talent pool.
Their Roster Is Perfected
Despite the existing deserved success and obvious progress, the team continues to improve its roster. Dan Campbell was hired to kick off a new winning era with offensive coordinator Ben Johnson. Their hard work and professional skills can help the team rise to the top and take the lead in Super Bowl 2024.
In March 2023, the Lions managed to kill two birds with one stone. They not only strengthened the offensive line but also attracted more attention from the fans by returning their favorite, Graham Glasgow. They have brought back a balanced all-around lineman by signing a one-year contract worth over $4 million.
This is more than intimidating for the competition. Glasgow is a reliable pass blocker and run blocker. He can also tap into a mean streak and use the gap scheme while on the field. His experience in the center makes him an adamant player who understands the aspects of the field. By the way, chemistry plays a significant role in this. Frank Ragnow and Taylor Decker, offensive linemen, are close friends of his who have played together for several years. In general, no matter what position Graham takes at the Lions, he is definitely at ease.
Adam Schefter, the sports journalist, tweeted about another successful Lions deal in March. They signed a three-year, $18 million contract with David Montgomery, a former Chicago Bears running back. Notable for his ferocity, he finished the last year of his deal with 801 yards and five touchdowns.
The Detroit Lions signed linebacker Alex Anzalone to a three-year contract for the 3rd consecutive season. One cannot fail to note the special trust of the coaching staff in him. He captained the defense and led the team with 125 tackles in 2022.
Statistics Are on Their Side
Let’s delve a little into history. Since 2017, teams that didn’t make the playoffs the previous year won:
- Philadelphia Eagles 2017-2018;
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2020-2021;
- Cincinnati Bengals 2021-2022.
Nothing prevents us from assuming that the Detroit Lions will continue this tradition.
To date, the Lions are the only franchise in the NFC that has never competed in the Super Bowl. They lost eight playoff games in a row, and their last win was 31 years ago in the postseason against the Cowboys. As evidenced by empirical data, this is only at hand.
Lions Super Bowl Odds
In the wake of this, bookmakers have already published Lions Super Bowl Odds. Chances are you won’t be surprised that the Lions are in the top third of the league.
- FanDuel Sportsbook rates the Lions at +2500;
- BetMGM published the same odds. This puts Detroit in 9th place alongside the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars;
- DraftKings Sportsbook placed the team in 11th place with odds of +3000 with the Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, and Miami Dolphins.
Once the lines are published, they may change based on the bets placed by the gamblers. Bookmakers react to market demand, thus adjusting the odds.
How to Bet on the Super Bowl 2024
- It will not be superfluous to visit several bookmaker sites to find the best offer here. Spend some of your time placing bets on the most favorable conditions.
- Pay attention to side bets, but don’t be tempted to make too many of them. The best option is to select a few side bets. This will help you manage your attention more effectively and gain a successful betting experience.
- Research before picking a favorite, but don’t be fooled by the majority. Trust only cold facts, not gossip and stuffing.
Most Popular Super Bowl Betting Options
You miss out on all the fun by betting only on the winner. We suggest you consider several betting options (as for bonuses for Detroit Lions) that are in demand among gamblers:
- spread is a bet on the points difference between the loser and the favorite;
- point total or over/under is a bet on the number of points that both teams will score in total;
- same-game parlays make it possible to combine several express bets into one;
- prop bets are the most interesting. You can place many side bets on any event during the game. For example, the number of yards, who will score first, whether the defense will score, etc. It is also possible to bet on the break and postgame;
- live bets you can do in real time. There are many options to choose from – it could be the same bets as before the start of the game or more short-term, like who is the next touchdown player.